Even me

I dare to believe
You look on
Notice
And consider
Even me

Yeah, I know
My perspective is probably off
I'm not seeing correctly
I'm frustrated and overwhelmed
By problems
Many of which
Are my own making

And yet I dare to believe
I can come to You
Talk to You about it
You won't just brush me off
You won't nod and pretend You're listening
Meanwhile doing an internal eye roll

Whatever needs to be said
Whatever I need to hear
You'll look on me with 
   love
   grace
   dignity
And
   instruct
   lead
   guide

I dare to believe I can still come
Whatever it is
Whatever the reason

Oh I know
Arrogant or haughty is not the way
That might receive a different welcome
But 
   messed up
   confused
   overwhelmed
   disappointed in self
   the contrite and broken
These can come
And You receive

Even me


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails