Noble Dreams

Sometimes I have noble dreams
Dreams of …
Being a part of bringing peace.
The fight on the street
The screams in the night…
What are the words said....?
Or the presence that would enter
That would bring calm
Invite change
While at the same time
Flooding each one with hope
Not shame

What do I do even now?
Up in my 4th floor apartment,
Hearing the yelling below
I’ve done it before
Run out into the night,
To follow a situation
To try to help

I’ve also not done anything at times
That girl being pushed into that black car…at 4 a.m.
What was that?

I try, I turn…
To tune into You
What might You say?
I want, I need
Your guidance
Each moment
Each time
In each of these situations
Whether to run out
Or stay

Tonight,
Not feeling the urgency/need
To run out there
There seem to be people involved
And yet I pray
Peace Lord,
Please bring your peace

….

Sometimes I have noble dreams
And yet these seem easier to pull off
With strangers
With those closer, today
Not sure I brought much peace...
I lost patience with the children
Some of the rambunctious boys
Several times :o(

Do I bring peace to the others?
It takes me so long to gain clarity about where I stand
The agitation inside, doesn’t lead to peace outside

How I need
To know You again
How I long
To live in Your presence again
To once again sense
Being led
How I need Your wisdom
How I long for Your guidance
How I need the clarity
That energizes
Lead me Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails